Colder temperatures can be a welcome visitor when you have something to warm up with. Consider this your new favorite adult beverage. It’s simple to put together and really lovely at a dinner party with friends. The recipe below is what you’d use per 1 bottle of wine. It can easily be doubled for a crowd! I recommend making it early in the day to really let the flavors meld.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
1 bottle red wine
⅓ cup orange juice
¼ cup white sugar
3 cinnamon sticks
½ teaspoon nutmeg
¼ teaspoon allspice
Extra kick- ½ cup brandy, port, or sherry
1. In a large saucepan miix the wine, orange juice, nutmeg, allspice, cinnamon and sugar
2. Slice the orange into 6 slices; stick 2-4 whole cloves in each slice. Add them to the wine.
3. Warm it up, but do not let it boi on medium low heat for 10-15 minutes, stirring every now and then so that the sugar can dissolve.
4. Turn off heat, cover, and let sit for 30-45 minutes
5. Before serving, warm it up again, and add the port, sherry, or brandy and mix it in.
That’s it! Enjoy!